Just a few points about so-called Republican Gov. Charlie Baker’s announced visit to the most radical Mosque in New England:
- The Islamic Society of Boston (ISB) is well-known among those Massachusetts residents and moderate Muslim groups working to challenge extremism and radical ideology.Its trustees have included:
- Yusuf Al Qaradawi, the internationally-condemned pro-Hitler, anti-Jewish Egyptian cleric;
- Abdulrahman Alamoudi, an Al Qaeda operative convicted in 2004 of conspiring with the Libyan regime and al-Qaeda in a plot to assassinate a Saudi crown prince;
- Walid Fitaihi, a Saudi businessman who wrote that Jews are “murderers of prophets” who would be “scourged”.
- In 2016, the ISB hired Abdul-Malik Merchant as one of its imams. Merchant has made his hatred for Jews very clear:
- In a Facebook post discussing Jewish “plotting”, Merchant publishedtext claiming: “The Jews wanted to kill Jesus the son of Mary (peace be upon him) because there [sic] normal way or tradition was to kill the prophets.”
- And on a blog runby Merchant, a variety of anti-Semitic scripture is quoted: “Oh assembly of Jews! You are the most disgusting of the creation to me. You killed the prophets of Allah…”
- Some claim the Islamic Society of Boston has moderated its views in recent years. But that claim is clearly disproved the choice of speakers invited to address its congregation.
- In 2018, the ISB invited Muhammad al-Nabulsi to speak at its Roxbury center. Nabulsi, a Syrian cleric, openly supports killing Jews. In a 2001 lecture, Nabulsi preached:
“The wicked Jews are a collection of defects and imperfections, and a hotbed of vices and evils. They are the worst enemies of God. … God has made it a duty to fight them and wage Jihad against them so that the word of God will be supreme.”
- In 2016, the ISB invited Hussain Kamani to speak. Kamani is a radical cleric from the Deobandi sect, who describes American society as “filth” and has openly expressed support for sex slavery.
- Another fact that belies the ISB claims to have moderated is its latest project, the Boston Islamic Seminary. Since 2017, staff and guest speakers at the seminary have included:
- Yahia Abdul Rahman – a lecturer at the seminary, Rahman has spread conspiracy theories that Egyptian leader Abdel Fattah el-Sisi should be opposed because he is of Jewish origin and his government is secretly supported by Jews.Another post shared by Abdul-Rahman claims that any Muslim who fails to oppose Israel is no longer a Muslim, and has a “Jewish heart
- Yousef Abdallah – a senior official of Islamic Relief, a charity designated by the United Arab Emirates as a terrorist organization because of its close links to radical Islamist networks in the Middle East. Abdallah has spoken on numerous occasions at the Boston Islamic Seminary and the ISB.On social media, Abdallah has published a story romanticizing “martyrs” who provide guns to “kill more than 20 jews” and “fire rockets at Tel Aviv.” Abdallah’s other posts included references to Jews as “stinking.”
- The Islamic Society of Boston is led by extremists who have preached and invited extreme anti-Semitic, anti-gay, and violently misogynist ideas.
- There are many mosques in Massachusetts that do not disseminate such hateful, violent ideas. But the ISB is not one of them.