- This event has passed.
GUN RALLY- BOSTON STATE HOUSE AND COMMON – Info From Gun Owners Action League of Mass.
September 27 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm EDT
HD.4420 represented the greatest attack on civil rights by a Massachusetts political “leader” in modern history!
The 2A community has responded in historic fashion that resembles the patriots of old. Your quick and decisive response stopped (even if only temporarily) Speaker Mariano in his tracks. If not for your response to our call to action, HD.4420 would already be law.
With more and more members of the 2A community taking action, it is time we we brought our message directly to the State House. For 25 years, our State Government has demanded that we comply with their draconian, anti-civil rights laws. More than a year ago, the Supreme Court of the United States ruled that their laws were unconstitutional!
“The constitutional right to bear arms in public for self-defense is not “a second-class right, subject to an entirely different body of rules than the other Bill of Rights guarantees.”
Massachusetts Government – TIME FOR YOU TO COMPLY!!!
What to do:
- Local clubs should organize buses for people to easily travel to the State House.
- Get a list of club members that want to come.
- Contact your local senator and representative and make an appointment to meet with them at the State House that day.
- Draft a quick letter you can drop off in person to your Representative and Senator. Letter Writing Help
- Find your local legislators.
- Have literature and talking points ready to present to your elected officials.
- GOAL will have some signs available at the rally, but feel free to bring your own. If you bring your own, please no other political signs or banners such as those for candidates or other issues. We need to be very clear what our message is.
- When entering the State House you will have to pass through brand new security checkpoints. (Too bad our schools don’t have the same level of protection!)
Parking Areas: Strongly suggest your local club charter a bus.